视频加载中…
hi, im martin. welcome to oxford online english.
嗨,我是马丁。欢迎来到牛津大学在线英语课程。
in this lesson, you can learn some essential phrases to help you understand native speakers and sound more natural when you speak english.
在本节课里,你可以学到一些基础的短语,可以帮助你理解英语母语人士,让你在说英语时听起来更自然。
when yout heard before?
在和英语母语人士交谈时,你有没有发现他们有时候会使用你之前没听到过的短语和问题?
if yout familiar with.
如果你在学校学过英语的话,那可能有很多你不熟悉的、非常简单但又十分重要的短语。
well show you a few of these useful phrases to help you understand and speak to native english speakers.
我们会给大家展示其中一些有用的短语,帮助你理解母语人士,和他们进行交谈。
lets start with a question.
让我们从一个问题开始吧。
what have you been up to?
你最近在做什么?
have you heard this question before?
你之前有听过这个问题吗?
what does it mean?
意思是什么呢?
how would you answer it?
你会怎样回答这个问题呢?
i ask students this question all the time, and they never know what it means.
我整天都在问学生这个问题,但是他们却不知道这是什么意思。
so how should you answer it?
那么,你应该怎么回答呢?
what have you been up to? is like asking what have you been doing recently?
“what have you been up to?”这个问题是在问你最近在做什么?
itt seen that person in some time.
在你和某人打了招呼后,这是一个常见的问题,特别是如果你有一段时间没看到那个人了的话。
for example: hey!
例如:嘿!
hi, martin!
嗨,马丁!
long time no see.
好久不见了!
hows life?
过得怎么样?
good!
很好!
what have you been up to?
你最近在干嘛呢?
oh, not much, just busy with work and the usual things.
没什么,工作挺忙的,就是做那些事情。
here are some other answers you could give.
这是你可以给出的一些其他的回答。
someone asks you what have you been up to? and you could say: ive just got back from my holiday.
如果某人问你“what have you been up to?”,你可以说:我刚度假回来。
ive been pretty lazy recently, to be honest.
说实话,我最近很懒。
it had much time for anything.
我最近工作特别忙,都没什么时间做其他的事情了。
what about you; what have you been up to?
你呢,你最近在做什么?
hey martin, what common phrases do your students need?
嘿,马丁,你的学生需要什么常见的短语?
actually, i dunno.
其实我也不知道。
id have to think about it.
我需要思考一下。
have you heard or seen the word dunno before?
你之前有听到过或看到过单词“dunno”吗?
itt know.
这是“don’t know”的缩写形式。
i dunno means i dont know.
“i dunno”意思是我不知道。
but actually, english has lots of these, like gonna for going to, wanna for want to, and so on.
但是其实英语有大量像是用“gonna”代替“going to”、“wanna”代替“want to”,以及诸如此类的表达。
however, words like gonna are generally used in a sentence.
然而,像“gonna”这样的单词一般来说是用在句子里。
that makes it easier to work out the meaning.
那样更容易理解意思。
dunno can be used as a one-word answer.
“dunno”可以用来当做一个单词的回答。
in my experience, this can be confusing for many non-native speakers!
根据我的经验来说,这对于很多非母语人士而言都会搞混!
for example: is he coming to the wedding?
例如:他要来参加婚礼吗?
dunno.
不知道。
what time is it?
现在几点了?
dunno.
不知道。
what does hold on mean?
“hold on”是什么意思?
dunno.
不知道。
really?
真的吗?
okay, well martin cant help me.
好吧,马丁帮不了我。
what about you?
你呢?
what does hold on mean?
“hold on”意思是什么?
have you heard this before?
你之前有听到过这个表达吗?
actually, i do know!
其实我知道呢!
hold on means wait.
“hold on”意思是等等。
you might hear it on the phone.
你也许会在电话里听到它。
you call a company to ask a question, and you might hear: can you hold on for a moment, please?
你打给一家公司问一个问题,你也许会听到:您能稍等一下吗?
this is like saying can you wait for a moment?
意思是你能稍微等一会吗?
its also common during conversation.
这个表达在交谈里也是常见的。
if the person yout agree with, you can say hold on to show this.
如果正在与你交谈的人说了一些你不知道的或你不同意的事情的话,你可以说“hold on”来表明立场。
for example: so, you start by multiplying the matrices together to get your vectors…
例如:所以,先把矩阵相乘,得到向量……
hold on, what does any of that mean?
等一下,那是什么意思?
anyway, i told them that wed be there on saturday morning… hold on, i thought we said we were going on sunday!
不管怎么样,我告诉他们我们周六早晨会去的……等一下,咱们不是说的周日吗!
you can see that you can use hold on to interrupt someone else if they say something you dont agree with.
如果其他人说了一些你不理解或你不同意的事情,你可以使用“hold on”来打断他们。
its a very useful and common phrase!
这是一个很有用并且很常见的短语。
all this teachings making me thirsty.
教了这么久我都感觉渴了。
want a cup of tea?
想来杯茶吗?
yeah, might as well.
可以的呀。
if you ask someone a question, and they answer might as well, what are they saying to you?
如果你问某人一个问题,他们回答“might as well”,他们要表达什么意思?
might as well means theres no reason to say no.
“might as well”意思是没理由说不要。
so, its like saying yes, or why not?
所以就类似于说“yes”或“why not?”。
it can also be used to say yes to something when you dont feel enthusiastic.
如果你对某件事情并不怎么热衷的时候,你也可以用来表达勉强同意。
for example, imagine you miss a train.
例如,想像你错过了一班列车。
you have to wait five hours for the next one.
下一班列车得等五个小时。
your friend asks if you want to go to the cinema.
你的朋友问你是否想去电影院。
you dont want to watch it.
你不喜欢朋友建议看的电影,你并不想看。
but, you have five hours until your train, and theres nothing else to do, so you say, yeah, might as well.
但是下一班车到达之前还有五个小时,没有其他事情能做,所以你说也可以。
might as well isnt always negative like this, though.
不过,“might as well”并不总是消极的意味。
it can be used to say yes to something you actually want to do.
它也能用来对某些你实际上想做的事情表示赞同。
for example, imagine youre waiting for a bus.
例如,想像你在等一辆公车。
your friend says, why dont we walk?
你的朋友说为什么我们不步行呢?
you think about it.
你思考了一下。
its not far.
其实并不远。
you dons a beautiful, sunny day.
你不知道什么时候公车会来,而且天气阳光明媚。
so, why not?
所以为什么不呢?
you say, yeah, might as well!
你说:好呀,为什么不呢!
im getting kind of tired.
我有点累了。
we should take a five-minute break.
我们应该休息五分钟。
what do you reckon?
你觉得呢?
were only halfway!
我们才走了一半!
we can take a break later.
我们可以待会儿再休息。
what do you reckon? can have more than one meaning.
“what do you reckon?”的意思不止一种。
like all of these phrases, its very common in spoken english!
和所有这些短语一样,这个表达在英语口语里很常见!
first, it can mean do you agree?
首先,它可以表达你同意吗的意思。
for example: our planes at six.
例如:我们的飞机六点起飞。
we need to be at the airport at 4.30, so we should leave here at two.
我们需要在四点半到达机场,所以我们得两点钟出发。
what do you reckon?
你觉得呢?
here, i make a suggestion — we need to leave at two — and im asking you if you agree with my suggestion or not.
我给出了一个建议——我们需要两点钟出发——我询问你是否同意我的意见。
you can also
use what do you reckon to ask whats your opinion?
你也可以使用“what do you reckon”来询问别人的意见。
for example: maybe i should quit and look for a new job, but im not sure.
例如:也许我应该辞职重新找份工作,但我不确定。
what do you reckon?
你觉得呢?
here, im asking what you think: should i quit and look for a new job, or should i stay where i am?
我在询问你的意见:我应该辞职重新招公告,还是应该保持现状呢?
i want to know what you think.
我想要知道你是怎么想的。
what do you reckon is almost always used as a fixed phrase.
“what do you reckon”基本上是作为一个固定短语使用。
generally, you dont add anything after it.
一般来说,它后面不需要添加任何东西。
can we have that break now?
我们现在能休息一下吗?
in a bit!
稍等一下!
youre at work.
你在工作场合中。
you ask your colleague to send you something.
你让同事发给你某个东西。
she says, yeah, ill get it to you in a bit.
她说好的,我马上就发你。
what does she mean?
她是什么意思呢?
in a bit means a short time later.
“in a bit”意思是一小会儿之后。
in our example,
your colleague is saying shell send you what you need a short time later.
在我们的例子里,你的同事说她会一小会儿之后就会发送给你你需要的东西。
so, shell do it, but not right now.
所以她说她会做,但是不是现在。
you might also hear in a little bit.
你也许也听到过“in a little bit”。
where else could you use this phrase?
你还能在其他什么情况下使用这个短语呢?
lets see some more examples: when will my computer be fixed?
我们再看一个例子:我的电脑什么时候能修好?
were working on it now.
我们正在修呢。
it should be done in a bit.
很快就修好了。
can you come back in half an hour?
你能半个小时之后再回来吗?
want to go for dinner?
想要去吃个晚饭吗?
im not hungry right now, but we can go in a bit.
我现在不饿,但是稍等一会儿可以的。
so, thatll meet at six?
好的,就这么定了,我们六点见面?
yup, see you in a bit!
好的,待会儿见!
you can also use the phrase see you in a bit to say goodbye to someone if you know youre going to see them in the near future.
你也可以使用短语“see you in a bit”来和某人说再见,如果你知道很快还能再见到他们的话。
bad
news, martin.
告诉你个坏消息,马丁。
oh, whats that?
什么啊?
i donll have time for that break.
我觉得我们没时间休息了。
how come?
怎么会?
martin just asked me a question.
马丁刚问我一个问题。
do you remember what he said?
你记得他说什么了吗?
he asked how come?
他问“how come?”
what is this, and how can you answer it?
这是什么意思?我要怎样回答它呢?
asking how come is like asking why?
问“how come”的意思就是问为什么。
the meaning is the same.
意思是一样的。
however, you cant use it in every situation.
然而你不能在每种情形都用它。
you can use how come to ask why if someone tells you something surprising, disappointing or annoying.
如果某人告诉你令人吃惊的、令人失望的或令人生气的事情的话,你可以使用“how come”来问表达疑问。
did you hear?
你听说了吗?
they cancelled the wedding.
他们取消了婚礼。
no way!
不可能吧!
how come?
怎么会呢?
he didnt get me anything for my birthday.
我的生日他什么都没准备。
really?
真的假的?
how come?
怎么会呢?
i have to leave three hours early today.
我今天得提前三个小时出发。
thats not easy.
并不是件简单的事情。
how come?
怎么会呢?
well, we have one more useful phrase to look at.
好的,我们再看看一个很有用的短语。
youve finished most of the lesson.
你已经完成了本节课程的大部分。
how did you find it?
你是怎么觉得的呢?
this is another very common question which is often misunderstood!
这是另一个很常见的经常被误解的问题!
how did you find it means what did you think?
“how did you find it”的意思是“你觉得呢?”。
its like asking did you like it?
类似于问:“did you like it?”
you can use this question to ask about many different things.
你可以使用这个表达去问很多不同的事情。
for example: how did you find the film?
例如:你觉得电影怎么样?
i heard youve started aikido lessons.
我听说你已经开始上合气道课了。
how are you finding it?
你觉得怎么样?
how have you found the course so far?
到目前为止你觉得课程怎么样?
you can see that you can use this question in different times and verb tenses.
你可以看到可以用不同的动词时态来使用这个问题。
so, how can you answer?
那么,你可以怎样回答呢?
how did you find the film?
你觉得电影怎么样?
it was kind of boring, actually.
其实还挺无聊的。
i heard youve started aikido lessons.
我听说你已经开始上合气道课了。
how are you finding it?
你觉得怎么样?
really interesting!
很有意思!
i was never interested in martial arts, but its actually very fun.
我从来没有对武术产生什么兴趣,但这个很有意思。
how have you found the course so far?
到目前为止你觉得课程怎么样?
its challenging, but very useful.
很有挑战,但是也非常有用。
so, how did you find this lesson?
所以你觉得本节课怎么样呢?
if you want more practice with these phrases, make sure you check out the full version of this lesson on our website: oxford online english. com. you can find a quiz to help you practice these phrases as well as many other free english lessons.
如果你想做关于这些表达的更多练习的话,一定要在我们的网站上查看本节课的完整版本,我们的网址是oxford online english.com。你可以看到一个随堂测验来帮助你练习这些短语,还能找到其他的免费英语课程。
thanks for watching!
感谢观看!
see you next time!
下次见!