标准北美英语口语情景对话和阅读文献-37


标准北美英语口语情景对话和阅读文献-37
al moody: hi, folks, i’m al moody, i’m in charge of refinery tours. i’ll be your guide for the afternoon, any questions you have, anythings i can do for you, don’t hesitate to ask.
你们好,各位,我是穆迪。我负责炼油厂参观接待工作。今天下午我就是你们的导游。如果你们有什么问题,需要我做什么,请不要犹豫,尽管问我。
david: david gold, mr. moody, and this is ruan ling, shen fu and li chun.
我是大卫·戈德,穆迪先生,这是阮玲,沈浮,和李纯。
ling:pleased to meet you.
见到你很高兴。
fu: how do you do?
你好。
chun: hello. mr. moody.
你好,穆迪先生。
moody:is there anything you’d like to know
标准北美英语口语情景对话和阅读文献-37插图
before we get rolling?
开始参观之前你们有没有什么问题?
ling: i’ve read that the oil refinery business is changing.
我看到有关报道说炼油工业正在发生着变化。
moody:the old law of supply and demand.
供给与需求是老法则。
chun: changes in demand?
是需求方的变化吗?
moody: oil refineries, for the past 60 years or so. produced fuel for three
标准北美英语口语情景对话和阅读文献-37插图(1)
different markets: vehicles-cars and trucks,- home heating, and industry, different regions had different demands
在过去60年左右的时间里,炼油厂为三个市场方面提供燃料,车辆-小汽车和卡车;家庭取暖和工业市场方面。不同地方也有不同的需求。
fu: how would that change the refinery business?
需求是怎样使炼油业发生变化的呢?
moody:sorry, i’m going too fast, in the old situation refineries were located near the centres of consumption.
对不起,我说得太快了。过去的情况是炼油厂都建设在消费中心的附近。
ling: because demand varied from placed to place.
因为需求根据地区的不同而不同。
moody: right!
是的。
chun: what has changed?
什么变化了呢?
moody: electricity and natural gas now mostly supply industry and home heating needs, these days the main use of our oil is for gasoline and diesel fuel.
现在电力和天然气可以满足家庭取暖和工业上的大部分需求,当今石油的基本用途是炼制汽油和柴油。
chun: which means that the refineries can be built closer to the sources of production.
这就是说炼油厂就可以建在油田附近了。
fu: because the demands of the different regions are pretty much the same.
因为不同地区的
标准北美英语口语情景对话和阅读文献-37插图(2)
此种需求在很大的程度上是相同的。
moody: we got some oilmen here!
我们这儿有几位石油专家嘛!
ling: well, i guess we’re ready to see the refinery.
我看,我们可以去参观炼油厂去了。
moody: after you, miss ruan.
你先走,阮小姐。
fu:you should go first. mr. moody, you’re in charge.
穆迪先生,你应该先走,你是领队嘛。
moody: here it’s still ladies first.
在这儿仍是女士们先行。
ling: yes,i keep forgetting, thank you. mr. moody.
是的,我老是忘,谢谢你,穆迪先生。
本文转载自微信公众号gfwaimao功夫外贸

为您推荐