I have a cousin who is of the same age as I,just 14,only he is two months older,but he is much more mature than I am.
我有一个和我同龄的表兄,只需14岁,只需他大两个月,但他比我老到得多。
Last summer my cousin,my aunt,and I went to an isle of France for a holiday.
上一年夏天,我的表姐、阿姨和我去法国的一个小岛休假。
We lived in a castle that had been transformed into a hotel,which is said to have been built by Henry the Eighth.
咱们住在一座被改构成旅馆的城堡里,传闻是亨利8世缔造的。
We had a good time there.
咱们在那里玩得很开心。
We swam in the sea,picked up shells on the beach,and hung out on the only street on the isle.
咱们在海里游水,在海滩上捡贝壳,在岛上仅有的大街上闲逛。
But when we were about to leave,my cousin found his electronic book was missing.
可是当咱们要脱离的时分,我的表兄发现他的电子书不见了。
He thought it might have been lost at one of the three ice cream shops on the street.
他认为它可以在街上三家冰淇淋店之一丢掉了。
We had bought ice cream at one of them,but we dropped into all of the three because my cousin had said that we’d better shop around to choose the best.
咱们在其间一家店买了冰淇淋,但咱们在三家店都买了,因为我表兄说咱们最佳货比三家。
So we rushed out of the hotel and
headed straight for the ice cream shops.
所以咱们冲出酒店,直奔冰淇淋店。
You may laugh;of course,it was hardly possible to find the lost thing there.
你可以会笑当然,在那里很难找到丢掉的东西。
Frustrated,we shuffled back to the hotel.
沮丧的咱们拖着脚步回到旅馆。
But all of a sudden,my cousin came up with a good idea—buying a gift to please
his father,so that his father wouldn’t reproach him when he got back.
但俄然间,我表哥想出了一个好主见,买一件礼物来取悦他的父亲,这样他父亲回来后就不会责怪他了。
Good for him,I thought.
我想,这对他极好。
I always admired my cousin,because he was always able to find a solution to pull through a crisis.
我一向很敬佩我的表兄,因为他总能找处处置危机的办法。
He bought a red T-shirt for his father.
他给父亲买了一件赤色T恤。
Although I didn’t see exactly what happened when my cousin faced his father,he told me it was OK.
尽管我没有看到表哥面临父亲时发生了啥,但他告诉我没联络。
Then a few days later,I saw my cousin was wearing the T-shirt he had bought for his father.
几天后,我看到我的表兄穿戴他为父亲买的T恤。
It turned out that his father thought red is not suitable for an adult.
正本,他的父亲认为赤色不适组成年人。
At this moment,I admired my cousin even more.
此时,我愈加敬佩我的表兄。